The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) provides social grants to millions of vulnerable South Africans every month. These grants help provide income support and alleviate poverty for groups like the elderly, disabled, and children.
Check Also: SASSA Payment Dates for 2023-2024
As October approaches, many grant beneficiaries are wondering about the SASSA payment dates for next month. In this article, we will break down everything you need to know about SASSA payment dates for October 2023.
SASSA Payment Dates for October 2023
Now let’s get into the full calendar of SASSA payment dates for October 2023. Knowing the exact dates for each grant helps beneficiaries prepare for the funds to arrive.
Here are the payment dates for all social grants in October 2023:
- Older Person’s Grant: Tuesday, 3 October 2023
- Disability Grant: Tuesday, 4 October 2023
- Child Support Grant: Wednesday, 5 October 2023
- Foster Child Grant: Wednesday, 6 October 2023
- Care Dependency Grant: Wednesday, 6 October 2023
- Grant-in-Aid: Wednesday, 6 October 2023
- War Veteran’s Grant: Wednesday, 6 October 2023
Key notes on the October payment schedule:
- Older Person’s Grants are always paid first, at the start of the month
- Disability, Child Support, Foster, Care Dependency and Grant-in-Aid follow on the 6th/7th
- War Veteran’s Grants align with the other grants on the 7th
- Weekends and public holidays can shift dates slightly
Beneficiaries don’t have to withdraw or spend their grants on these exact dates. The money will remain available in their accounts or SASSA cards until used. But knowing the expected deposit dates helps beneficiaries prepare each month.
Check Also: SASSA Status Meaning
SASSA Covid-19 SRD Payment Dates for October 2023
The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) has announced payment dates for the COVID-19 Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant in October 2023.
- SASSA SRD grant payments will take place from Monday, 22 October 2023 to Saturday, 30 October 2023.
Those who are eligible and have applied and been approved for the October 2023 SRD grant can expect their R350 payment during the period starting 22 October and ending 30 October 2023.
Beneficiaries will receive an SMS notification once the payment is processed with instructions on where and how to access the funds. This may be through bank accounts, SASSA cards, retailers or ATM withdrawals.
Sticking to the designated payment dates will ensure a smooth process for collecting the October 2023 SRD grant. All beneficiaries should make necessary arrangements to be available during 22-30 October to access their much-needed relief funds.
SASSA Payment Amount for October 2023
The monetary amounts for SASSA grants are adjusted annually based on inflation and other economic factors. Here are the monthly grant amounts for the current 2023/2024 financial year:
- Older Person’s Grant: R2,090 – R2,110 per month
- Disability Grant: R2,090 per month
- Child Support Grant: R510 per month
- Foster Child Grant: R1,130 per month
- Care Dependency Grant: R2,090 per month
- Grant-in-Aid: R510 per month
- War Veteran’s Grant: R2,110 per month
These updated grant amounts came into effect on 1 October 2023. Eligible beneficiaries who applied before or after this date receive the new 2023/2024 amounts.
Check more details: How Much Is SASSA Grants Payment Amount?